SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post is probobly aswered somewhere else, but I hven't found it. I am a compleete newbie. I can't tell a cat from a keelboat. I would like to know what the types of sailboats are, and what the diference is between them. if you could anwer with your own descriptions or links to info, it would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
295 Posts
One hull is good. Two is better. And three might be best.
Me? I'm waiting for that four-hulled boat. There's nothing like redundancy to give one a sense of security.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Hello Lost
I know you are just kidding. I did a goggle on "sailboat boat types" and got this link List of sailing boat types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
along with about 10,000 more.

If you are thinking of buying a boat some day and you tell us where you plan on sailing, with who, day,week,year, race, cruse and how much you can spend and your friendly sail nutters will be like a dog with a bone.

Think of it like a dating site. Share a little about yourself and see how many craze's you will attract.

To answer your question there are only two types of sailboats.
1. The ones you can afford.
2. The ones you want.

Until of course you get the perfect boat which is the next one.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'd highly recommend you get David Seidman's book, The Complete Sailor, as it has a lot of good information for people new to the sport. About $16 at the bookstore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts