7,495 Posts
For Android;
Tides Near Me
MX Mariner - which integrates with your ActiveCaptain account

Reactions: Halcyon1

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
You missed SailFlow. The go to app for weather data. Not only do they have all the NOAA weather stations they also have a lot of private ones.

·
599 Posts
I like raceqs. Excellent for beer can and casual racing, uses the phone GPS data to provide a lot of quantitative data. It records your sail, providing loads in information such as SOG, VMG, wind direction, tacking angles, etc. And in a race with other folks using this app, you can replay/review what is going on. It is a useful learning tool.

If you like to better quantify better what you are doing on the water, this works well; and best of all it is free!
(disclaimer: just a user, folks)

·
Freedom isn't free
3,073 Posts
Navionics...
But you guys got me wanting to try SailGrib.

·
MarineVerse
10 Posts
Hi Halcyon1,

It's probably still a niche, but I'm working on and collecting virtual reality sailing apps and games here: https://www.marineverse.com/virtual-reality-sailing-apps - maybe you could include it in your list?

Btw - feedback and ideas how to improve what's there (or what to add/build) is very welcomed. I am working all the time on making those VR experiences better.

Best regards,
Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I didn't find any apps on your list considering berth reservations and payments (e.g. Dockwa in the US or Harba in Europe). I think it should be interesting to research on these a bit as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey, I didn't find any apps on your list considering berth reservations and payments (e.g. Dockwa in the US or Harba in Europe). I think it should be interesting to research on these a bit as well.
I think ActiveCaptain and associated services covers that?

I'd include OpenCPN as one of the best apps out there.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,348 Posts
Ones I didn't see on your list or posted

For fun =
Sailing Log - automatically tracks your course and saves it

For safety=
US Coast Guard - allows you to enter all your vessel information with a Emergency Assistance button, not a sustitute for DCS but why not, its free

1 - 14 of 14 Posts