SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what the flange and pins were intended for. The previous owner had the bbq mount here but I want the bbq closer to the propane tanks, so the outboard mount will go here.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Whatever the PO wanted to mount to the plate. Note the hole spacing and see what you can find that you might need hanging off the pulpit and will fit or can be adapted to the hole pattern. Since the bracket is welded on easier to find a use for it than to remove it.

·
Master Mariner
8,221 Posts
I see a hole in the verticle tube (to run a wire?), so I'd go w/a stern light, too. Do you have a masthead tricolor now?

Reactions: SanderO

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stern light is mounted on the transom from the factory, and the bbq mount was just a scotty mount clamped beside the pins. There is a socket welded to the pushpit that I assume is for a flag pole.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So according to some at the Jeanneau forums those "pins" are the remnants of a horseshoe ring bracket that was cut off, which makes sense I guess since we cant use horseshoe rings in Canada.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
Horseshoe, ring buoy, LifeSling...base of MOB pole (does anyone carry those any more?) or you could pretend to be American and mount an extra cup holder there.(G)

Of course if you are racing you'll need to get a cutting wheel and grind off that extra weight at once!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Horseshoe, ring buoy, LifeSling...base of MOB pole (does anyone carry those any more?) or you could pretend to be American and mount an extra cup holder there.(G)

Of course if you are racing you'll need to get a cutting wheel and grind off that extra weight at once!
I do have a MOB tied to a horse shoe and strobe... more useful at MOB in night time. But for sure a good marker for returning to a location.

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
So according to some at the Jeanneau forums those "pins" are the remnants of a horseshoe ring bracket that was cut off, which makes sense I guess since we cant use horseshoe rings in Canada.

What are you hanging your life ring from?

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
The LifeSling is just a horseshoe on a tether. I thought CA required a lifering. Seems your prior owner sawed off the lifering bracket to make some room. Easily re-accommodated, however you'd like to set it up.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The LifeSling is just a horseshoe on a tether. I thought CA required a lifering. Seems your prior owner sawed off the lifering bracket to make some room. Easily re-accommodated, however you'd like to set it up.
Yes, we have annual safety inspections at our club, and every year I bring the big plastic life ring down to the boat, and tie a piece of rope to it to satisfy the inspector. Then once the inspection is done the ring goes away, and the life sling gets mounted on the rail instead.

In my mind the Lifesling, which is required equipment for racing anyway, makes a lot more sense than the big plastic ring!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Have a self deploying Epirb that I can't find a place to install as it needs fairly large unobstructed area to mount. If you have one, the bracket might work for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts