SailNet Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
With your wife's interest, I highly recommend "The Windemere Children." You can find it on PBS online. It's a dramatization of the true story of children Holocaust survivors brought to Lake Windemere in England to recuperate. Wonderfully done with an epilogue of short interviews of a few of the survivors as they are today. A story of triumph over adversity.
Good call. I am watching this now

On Netflix one of the first series I watched was The Crown. Good although long depiction of the early royal life and decisions in the Windsor family. My explain some of the fascination the British have with their Monarchy and still maintain it despite the form of government
the country has.

·
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just finished “THE LAST KINDOM” on Netflix. 4 seasons with season 5 coming.

Excellent portrayal of the beginning of the uniting of the 5 kingdoms which comprised Britain and the war with the Danes. Started with King Alfred through King Edward I. It’s is a fictional adaptation of the time ( 1000-1100) in history, but is based on some facts in this timeline with lots of poetic license.

Well worth watching. Not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The last couple of weeks, we have binged watched the first 6 seasons of "Grace and Frankie" on Netflix. Stars Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen, and Sam Waterson. We really loved this show. The first couple of episodes are a little slow as the story line is set, but we would watch several episodes a night.

After that we binged the one and only season of "Upload" on Amazon Prime.

We have started a couple of other shows but haven't gotten too far into the stories.

I really like have internet tv instead of cable. Like the flexibility to watch certain shows and then move on to somewhere else!

Jim

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
For something completely different after all this heady educational entertainment, try YouTube,,,'Dr pimple popper' ,,, disgustingly fascinating.

·
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Had a soccer scholarship to Penn State....so it’s both....😊

21 - 29 of 29 Posts