SailNet Community banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Picnic Sailor
Moody 425
2,198 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
What about Bob's Nordic 44? Maybe the upper end of the price range on that short list, but shouldn't be more than a 45.5.
There is a Nordic 40 for sale here about 1/2 mile from my mooring which is rare.Not too many of them around here.

My concern is that long term cruising it might still be too small a boat for us.

· Picnic Sailor
Moody 425
2,198 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Not shure what you budget is, but I like the Deerfoot, a few now on yacht world, a nice 50 footer in the mid 200's.
I will have a look.

I have always liked the Deerfoot's, the Dashew's are amongst my early cruising/sailing heros. I fear though they might sit outside my budget.

· Registered
3,548 Posts
Reaction score
I will have a look.

I have always liked the Deerfoot's, the Dashew's are amongst my early cruising/sailing heros. I fear though they might sit outside my budget.
Here she is:
1991 Deerfoot 50 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

This Deerfoot 50 is an exceptional yacht for a cruising couple. She is fast - easy to manage - and thoughtfully designed for maximum safety and comfort for two. She features watertight bulkheads, walk-in engine room, king size island berth, gourmet cook's galley, full complement of marine electronics and two autopilots. No expense was spared to produce this quality Ulf Rodeberg designed yacht with a well engineered hull built by Lange and Hinckley Yachts. She has had many recent upgrades by her very experienced blue water owners who had many adventures throughout the Pacific. If you have plans for fast comfortable blue water cruising you would definitely want to consider this exceptional Deerfoot 50- the ultimate short handed cruiser.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.