SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat has been sitting here for a long, long time. Last trailer license is 1982! Not full of rainwater, it appears to have a working through-hull drain for the cabin and two for the cockpit. I think it could be had for the hauling away. Too much of a project for me but anyone interested I can put you in touch. In southern Wisconsin.

Attachments

·
19,485 Posts
A diamond in the rough.. wonder where the rudder is??

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That boat was likely built in the late 70s so it was parked within 5 years of being new. I wonder what the interior looks like. Could be a great bargin for someone.

Kinda reminds me of finding a 50 year old classic car in a barn that was rarely driven. Too bad this boat was not stored in barn.

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
That boat was likely built in the late 70s so it was parked within 5 years of being new. I wonder what the interior looks like. Could be a great bargin for someone.

Kinda reminds me of finding a 50 year old classic car in a barn that was rarely driven. Too bad this boat was not stored in barn.
I'm interested in how the interior has held up all this time too. Maybe a preserved time capsule or just a nightmare.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the comments and help. As for the interior, it's trashed. Nothing left to do but gut it, power wash and start over. The guy that bought the property plans on demolishing the old house but said he would try to find the missing ruder and boom (or anything else belonging to the boat). There is junk and rodents everywhere. I told him to try to locate the standing rigging too. Just makes it easier to make new stays. As for the year, I couldn't locate the serial # but didn't look too hard as I was hard pressed to get my head in the cabin (and out) for the brush and trees growing over everything/everywhere.
DS

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
thanks for all the comments and help. As for the interior, it's trashed. Nothing left to do but gut it, power wash and start over. The guy that bought the property plans on demolishing the old house but said he would try to find the missing ruder and boom (or anything else belonging to the boat). There is junk and rodents everywhere. I told him to try to locate the standing rigging too. Just makes it easier to make new stays. As for the year, I couldn't locate the serial # but didn't look too hard as I was hard pressed to get my head in the cabin (and out) for the brush and trees growing over everything/everywhere.
DS
At least the next owner can refinish the interior way they want.

·
Senior Moment Member
13,300 Posts
I think that is a Pacific Seacraft 25, not a Flicka - note the faux plank lines and it looks like a double ender - Flickas are transom stern and no plank lines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SloopJonB,

This boat is absolutely a Flicka. The scrollwork is only on the Flicka. The PSC 25 only had the three of the smaller ports on each side. This one has the larger bronze aft port. All of the Nor'Star and Pacific Seacraft Flickas have the planking lines.

I have one and have sailed on them for quite some time. I've worked on them (restoring gelcoat, launching, trailering, etc.), this is a Flicka!

The ports should put the build date somewhere around 1980 or so.

Sorry to disagree,

Thanks!

Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts