SailNet Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
You can barely see in the original photo that the coach roof is squared-off in the front, which is the design of the Tayana 37 and not that of the Baba/Panda/Tashibas. Note the bow is more rounded than that of the B/P/Ts. Also, B/P/Ts do not have a boomed staysail. You can go to babaowners.org/models/baba402.htm for comparison. It's a very different boat!

Allan Kaplan
S/V Aurora
Baba 40 Ketch
Seattle, WA

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Hey, this is Moonfish22, i had had an earlier account here but had neglected it for a year or so and i couldn't figure out the username/password and no longer had the same email address. Got it figured out now, I am officially reverted back to strangeflow, sorry again Moonfish!
Hi Strangeflow,

Per SailNet policy (one username per person), I'm going to shutdown your other Moonfish22 account. No worries.

I will just post this note for anyone else in similar circumstances in the future: Please be sure to notify the moderators so we can take care of these housekeeping matters as they come up. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
You can barely see in the original photo that the coach roof is squared-off in the front, which is the design of the Tayana 37 and not that of the Baba/Panda/Tashibas. Note the bow is more rounded than that of the B/P/Ts. Also, B/P/Ts do not have a boomed staysail. You can go to babaowners.org/models/baba402.htm for comparison. It's a very different boat!

Allan Kaplan
S/V Aurora
Baba 40 Ketch
Seattle, WA
Amkaplan,

Welcome to Sailnet and thanks for setting us straight (or at least confirming the earlier guesses)! Clearly a B/P/T expert has joined our ranks.:)

·
Registered
987 Posts
No problema! I like your Strangeflow username. What does it mean? In fact, there are a ot of intriguing usernames here, some are pretty funny, too. And at the risk of sounding ignorant, uncool, and behind the times, who the h*ll is "Courtney"?

Hey, this is Moonfish22, i had had an earlier account here but had neglected it for a year or so and i couldn't figure out the username/password and no longer had the same email address. Got it figured out now, I am officially reverted back to strangeflow, sorry again Moonfish!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts