What can you tell me about an anonymous boat by these specifications:

LOA (on deck): 26'8"
LWL (waterline): 20'5"
Displacement: 7000 lbs
Ballast: 2900 lbs
Beam: 9'10"
Sail area: 323 sq. ft.
Draft: 3'11"

I'm curious about what relatively unbiased opinions I'll get by not naming the boat in question.

· Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very interesting responses indeed! I'd give up the boat model/make, but I'm enjoying the speculation and analysis. She's actually a boat I'm considering and will be looking at in person tomorrow. I wanted the "unbiased" opinions from fellow Sailnetters, and so far so good!

· Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
True enough for all those who are stating that she's a small cruiser trying to fit a lot of cabin into a little LOA. My priorities are safe cruising for a family of four on a small budget...thus my choice in boats. I'm still not giving up the make/model yet though...

· Broad Reachin'
2,038 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The original boat was an Ericson 27 (circa 1970's). She's a sort of a hybrid between a true fin keeler and a full keel. I like the model alot, but not the specific boat I went to view yesterday. The decks were wet wet wet and the stanchions were loose loose loose. Too bad she was listed as "sail away" condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.