What can you tell me about an anonymous boat by these specifications:

LOA (on deck): 26'8"
LWL (waterline): 20'5"
Displacement: 7000 lbs
Ballast: 2900 lbs
Beam: 9'10"
Sail area: 323 sq. ft.
Draft: 3'11"

I'm curious about what relatively unbiased opinions I'll get by not naming the boat in question.
My initial thought were along the lines of a Bruce Roberts Spray 27, or Tom Thumb 26, maybe even a catboat. But most of them would come in with longer waterlines.

She must be a beamy boat (our 31' has the same beam), with longish overhangs. Possibly a double-ender, but they weren't usually so beamy.

The specs certainly don't suggest a club racer....

· Registered
5,678 Posts
Reaction score
The original boat was an Ericson 27 (circa 1970's). She's a sort of a hybrid between a true fin keeler and a full keel. I like the model alot, but not the specific boat I went to view yesterday. The decks were wet wet wet and the stanchions were loose loose loose. Too bad she was listed as "sail away" condition.
Kwalt,

Interesting! I'm not familiar with that model -- do you have any kind of link to photos, etc?

There is another somewhat unusual Ericson, called the "Independence 31", that you might keep an eye out for. It's more along the lines of the style boat you like, rather than the typical modern Ericson design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.