SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Chester151
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ad said 1980 C&C 25. Nothing seems to match up with it. S/N Shows CC25 1980. Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think. Local marina seems to thin the rig is from an Aloha 8.2. Googling makes me think Mirage 25.

Attachments

·
Chester151
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant really make out the photo I took at the time. It's at a marina now, getting the shroud placement adjusted. As you can see in the photo, the lower shrouds are above the spreaders

Attachments

·
HANUMAN
2,839 Posts
Looks like a C&C design with a different cove stripe. Maybe one of the original Pre-Mirage 25? C&C designed and built a lot of boats for different companies and people. Could even be something from their custom shop. I'll bet it's going to be fun to sail.

Posting the entire hull number or going to CNC Photoalbum and join their email list might help you get more info. Some serious C&C junkies over there.

You can also contact the Maritime Museum in Ontario(?), I believe they have all the surviving C&C plans.

Send a photo to Rob Ball at Edson. He might remember.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't believe Comb Cat made that many boats in the 7 years they were listed in business. No info on Sailboat Data while YachtWorld lists them as a manufacturer however provides no other details.

There were still a number of 1 or 2 boat a year shops in Florida at the time

·
Dirt Free
2,961 Posts
The last four characters in your photo are "M80C" indicating it was built in October of 1980 (this is the old HIN/MIC format). I can't make out any of the other characters. The first three characters for C&C are "ZCC". It certainly looks like the C&C 25's I've surveyed like the one in this photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I cant really make out the photo I took at the time. It's at a marina now, getting the shroud placement adjusted. As you can see in the photo, the lower shrouds are above the spreaders
Hard to tell from that photo but when I enhanced it the first three letters look more like QCY/QOY/GCY/GOY and not CC2. If it were CCY that would be Croft Craft in Michigan however the did not take over C&C until 2015 and only make canoes and kayaks.

The correct first three letters of the HIN will tell us exactly who made it. What was on the title and registration you got when the boat was signed over to you?

·
Registered
686 Posts
What about the moulded in line under the sheer? It's what gives a C&C away from a distance. Missing the break in the middle and the "points on the ends. You can clearly see it in the pic Boatpoker posted where the boat name is. Also the interior is different (custom?)
Looks Like a C&C Mk2 but with some differences.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,472 Posts
Yup, better make sure you have enough mast support, don't know if it had a compression post.
The cabin is what is really throwing me off here, it doesn't seem to match anything. I guess anyone can strip and modify a cabin though...

·
Chastened
4,861 Posts
I believe it has a compression beam overhead, not a post. This is entirely feasible on smaller boats. My Coronado 25 had a beam.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts