SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
It depends upon who is sailing with me and how much time they wish to take away from sailing in order to eat. Most of the time, it's a wrap or hoagie, a couple cans of light beer, and a pack of Reeses cups for desert. That's the menu for ME. :)

Now, it the trip will end after sundown, a late day sail and supper is involved, something will end up on that gas grill hanging on the stern. Most of the time it will be kielbasa or a Johnsonville Griller, some grilled veggies, and wash it all down the a Green Coconut Margaretta. Oh Yeah!

Cheers,

Gary :cool:

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
It's all good.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,436 Posts
Damn loading a pic from my cell phone via photobucket was a pita the first time...lol...short ribs for the fall. Best to cook the day before though, just in my training and experiences we like to let the item cool in the braising liquid :)

Now im freaking hungry

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Do you ever think simple foods :D:laugher:D:laugher:D:laugher
why yes I eat samiches every other day, but even the simplest have to have some bam thrown on them like a nice ailoli or herb olive oil or hell a spiced pickle or 2! :laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher

Reactions: T37Chef

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Damn loading a pic from my cell phone via photobucket was a pita the first time...lol...short ribs for the fall. Best to cook the day before though, just in my training and experiences we like to let the item cool in the braising liquid :)

Now im freaking hungry
no prob I got one

here is a splooged sauce one so it was a me plate at the bar! jajajaja now wonder im fat

truffled butter browned cauliflower puree and traditional braised short ribs in sauce:D

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,436 Posts
Im all jacked up about food today because I had the honor and privilege to be in a Masters class today with a true Master Chef making some very classical recipes from Careme, Escoffier, and Point...and I get to do it again tomorrow...cooked veal brain and kidneys today as well as some oxtail for a consomme. 5 of us will produce 15 classics tomorow...I cant sleep im so excited to be there.

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah veal brains, and such...brings back memories...nothing like sauteed veal sweatbreads in a madeira sauce to get me going

have fun!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Perk...did someone say Braised Short ribs..!

Right up there with Ossobuco as a favorite..

It's still summer though..my neighbor just dropped off some vine ripened NJ tomatoes from her garden so I will pick some basil, slice mozzarella drizzle olive oil, sea salt and a fresh pepper. EZ PZ..

What I've been craving lately though is a nice Scungilli salad.. I'd probably have to go to NYC to find fresh whelks. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm going to shop around and see what I can pick up. I might end up with a Frutti Di Mare Salad... I like octopus, squid, eel The asian shops around here usually have a good variety of seafood and shellfish..

1 - 20 of 124 Posts