SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always curious to hear what people pay for slip fee's. I plan on moving south someday; kinda like to have a base for comparison.

I've heard some horror stories, like florida. I remember talking to a fella on the plane to FL complaining that he couldn't find a slip and was stuck paying $2k a month+ until he could find somewhere else. Plus side he got to walk past Tiger's boat on the weekend. :D
When my boat was in FL it was on a mooring in Palm Beach; cost nada. It was a beautiful location.

I pay $1865/40' slip for 6 months all inclusive (for now). Water, electric, wifi
That's a little bit high for the area. I've seen as low as $800 for a 35' slip/Inland lake.

I think i pay substantially less the most coastal areas.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,667 Posts
The marina near my Ft Myers home charges $8-$10/foot per month plus tax. They have metered electric at the slip.

The marina where I keep my boat in RI charges $4K for the season (May - November) for my 35' boat.

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
I am in the low rent district in Los Angeles harbor, So Cal. and I am at 9.00 a foot, free water, electric, laundry on site, no wifi though, the facilities are very clean and well kept up we have a patio with bbq and picnic tables. Also a small snack shop for Ice, beer, soda, chips, and a few used boat parts.

Reactions: ericb760 and zeehag

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Slip rent rates vary substantially, often depending upon location. For example, you would hard pressed to find inexpensive rates in Annapolis, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, New York City, Mystic, etc... Yet, just a few hours sailing time from those locations you will find reasonable prices - it just takes a bit of legwork to find them.

Gary :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to slip fees. Inland fees on the Great Lakes, Kentucky Lake seem ridiculously high when compared to places like the pnw. I pay 206 bucks a month for my Catalina 27 which includes water elect and wifi. Have a 34 ft Hunter costs me 234 a month. My Windrose 20 costs me nada as it sits on a trailer. But after seeing some of the costs and regulations associated with Florida and certain areas of the Right Coast; makes my infatuation with the PNW grow much stronger.:)

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to slip fees. Inland fees on the Great Lakes, Kentucky Lake seem ridiculously high when compared to places like the pnw. I pay 206 bucks a month for my Catalina 27 which includes water elect and wifi. Have a 34 ft Hunter costs me 234 a month. My Windrose 20 costs me nada as it sits on a trailer. But after seeing some of the costs and regulations associated with Florida and certain areas of the Right Coast; makes my infatuation with the PNW grow much stronger.:)
I'd hate to burst your PNW bubble, but those fees are lower than what you'd find in Seattle.

Shilshole(Seattle) -- 30' slip: $320/mo (for Catalina 27)
Shilshole(Seattle) -- 34' slip: $410/mo (for Hunter 34)
Everett (north suburb) -- 28' slip: $210/mo (for Catalina 27)
Everett (north suburb) -- 36' slip: $331/mo (for Hunter 34)
Oak Harbor (~2 hours from Seattle) -- 28' slip: $207/mo
Oak Harbor (~2 hours from Seattle) -- 36' slip: $276/mo
In the San Juans you'd be spending about $225-$275/mo for that Catalina 27, and $300-$350 for the Hunter.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,036 Posts
I pay $238 and change for a 32' boat, plus metered electric here in New Bern, NC, on a yearly contract. That includes free hotel level cable tv, use of the hotel fitness room, 10% discount on food at the restaurant, and free coffee in the morning. Part of the $238 is the standard pedestal fee of $15.95, no extra fee for liveaboard.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
I'd hate to burst your PNW bubble, but those fees are lower than what you'd find in Seattle.

Shilshole(Seattle) -- 30' slip: $320/mo (for Catalina 27)
Shilshole(Seattle) -- 34' slip: $410/mo (for Hunter 34)
Everett (north suburb) -- 28' slip: $210/mo (for Catalina 27)
Everett (north suburb) -- 36' slip: $331/mo (for Hunter 34)
Oak Harbor (~2 hours from Seattle) -- 28' slip: $207/mo
Oak Harbor (~2 hours from Seattle) -- 36' slip: $276/mo
In the San Juans you'd be spending about $225-$275/mo for that Catalina 27, and $300-$350 for the Hunter.
I pay 192.24 in Bremerton for a 24 meters electric and an hours ferry ride from Seattle

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
I pay 192.24 in Bremerton for a 24 meters electric and an hours ferry ride from Seattle
I didn't want to look up every marina in Puget Sound, I just picked a couple from the higher to lower end.

The prices are similar to elsewhere in Puget Sound: 27' boat for $244, 34' boat for $307.

There is some very cheap moorage on Lake Union if you are lucky enough to find it. I had a 25' nominal, 27' LOA (including rudder and motor) on Lake Union at $175/mo. Very bare bones though, there wasn't electricity, water, or a toilet available.

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,651 Posts
high season, 14000 pesos is for 40 ft slip....lol i anchor out...at 12.5 to one peso..is still a lot.... and in
low season, i pay 4400-4200 pesos per month dependent on peso to dollar, as it is 28 cents per foot per day per month. weekly free heavy rainwater washoffs included at no extra charge, metered electricity. occasional natural blow dry effect.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dana Point Marina Company:

30' $503
35' $622
40' $727
45' $834

These are monthly rates. 3' overhang allowed, length is overall, including bowsprits, swim platforms. etc.

Newport Beach is much higher. Long Beach municipal marinas are less.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Fees are all over the place on Barnegat Bay. For my 31, I got prices anywhere from $79 to $110/foot for the roughly 6 month season for most of the places I called. Most had a separate fee for cable and electric (typically electric was $200-$250 for the season).

I found another marina about a 5 minute drive from my current, $95/foot marina that is $43/foot, including Wi-Fi. Electric is metered.

·
2,448 Posts
We just moved from a "premium" marina at $4,200 a year to another marina just up river at $2,400 a year. Season is April through November.

This is on Forked River, Barnegat Bay.

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
My Norsea 27 is at Kentucky Lake / Lake Barkley and paying $1950 for the year ($162.50 a Mo.) Not bad at all in my book.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buffalo NY on the western end of lake Erie. $1200 per season for a 30' dock with water. Electric is $100 more and the season is 5 months long. That works out to $240 per month. More than I would like to spend to park next to a floating platform but its about the same at the other marinas in the area. This year New York State Parks department is taking over the marina so I expect the cost will go up. Everything goes up when the state gets involved. Everyone on this side of the state would like it if NYC and its surrounding suburbs would become a separate state.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We have a slip in Channel Islands Harbor (apx 40-50 miles from L.A. CAL.) We are in the cheep seats at just under $10/ft. I can't get out at anything lower than .5 minus tide, (LOL)so there is no free lunch. The deep water slips are $14-16/ft. We have showers,club house, water included in the slip fee, electricity is metered. Just looking around I would say that the harbor is at 60/70% capacity. Lot's of open slips.

Brad
Lancer 36

1 - 20 of 80 Posts