SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
thinking of this...
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to give a quick ‘shout’ out to Larry MacDonald.

I had the good fortune to meet Larry briefly yesterday after he offered me an autohelm part to replace my broken and discontinued one. He had the extra part, read my thread describing my problem and within minutes came to the rescue by offering to give me exactly what I needed. When I picked up the part at his marina he invited me on board his boat/home and showed me around a bit. We both had to work yesterday so after just a few minutes we were on our separate ways.
Had it not been 7:30am and if we had a little bit of time to kill, I would have offered to buy him a beer or dinner and spent some time learning about his imminent departure south with his wife aboard their sailboat and their cruising lifestyle. Instead I offered him some money for his kind gesture but he politely refused saying simply now it was my turn to help someone when they needed it and to ‘pay it forward’. I will do that.

Sailnet is a great place and a terrific resource. People like Larry MacDonald (and many others here) make it so.

Cheers, Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts