SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I built a 35' steel hull in the eighties and then sold it. I had purchased considerable gear to outfit it but because the project took a different turn I ended up storing everything all these years.

Now I need to sell it all but I don't know how to price it. What I can get I suppose? But I have stuff like a new #555 Simpson-Lawrence stainless windless, or paired self-tailing stainless Enkes winches. Everything is new, unused and has to go.

I had an 80's era Defender catalogue but now cannot find it--it would have been helpful to see some of the old prices I paid.

If anyone has some of the old gear catalogues or an idea how to price this stuff, let me know. I have begun to search for individual items or equivalents but some things I have are no longer in existence, i.e., a propane gas, stainless, Shipmate Stove, two-burner with oven, manufactured by Shipmate when it was a division of the Richmond Ring co.

I have a spreadsheet of about 40 items. All new gear, never used. I am in the process of photographing everything, so will eventually be able to include photos when I respond to inquiries.

Craigslist may be the only way to deal with this stuff, item by item.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Ebay was one of my options ultimately. Just lazy! I have some electronics, only small stuff that, like you say, is probably outdated by newer, better stuff. No digital in those days and computerized? Forget it!

Some things, like stainless Castlock fittings, raise the hackles of many an old-timer and seem to be destined for scraping the metal, despite the beauty and quality of the gear. When I was building boats, Castlock was the bee's knees!

I have gotten some guff for the propane stove but I know there are plenty of them out there. The Shipmate is wonderful but may pose obstacles for folks who would have to canabalize similar stoves for spares.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just posted on Craig'sList. Folks may request my spreadsheet and the prices I'm asking for individual items. Or, a price for it all. Given the discount per item the aggregate price is still a great deal. Photos of individual items upon request. Shipping will have to be figured out, so cost plus. Easier if folks are local to me, here in Boston! THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. CraigsList is a mixed bag. Endless nickel and dime-ing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.