234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,181 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
I watched I Sailed to Tahiti with an All Girl Crew (1968) the other night. Terrible movie but very fun. Extremely sexist but very funny and some nice shots of older wooden sailboats. It was free on instant video on Amazon with prime.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I watched I Sailed to Tahiti with an All Girl Crew (1968) the other night. Terrible movie but very fun. Extremely sexist but very funny and some nice shots of older wooden sailboats. It was free on instant video on Amazon with prime.
I tried to watch that, too the other night. Even with the beautiful boats, and scenery, it was unwatchable. :D

·
Freedom Chip Counter
278 Posts
Finally got around to watching "The Voyage of Yes" about two young adults sailing from CA to HI. Not the greatest show in the world, but 100% about sailing and entertaining to watch....a few good "human" lessons in there also!

·
Freedom Chip Counter
278 Posts
Just watched "Maidentrip" (Laura Dekker circumnavigation)....excellent documentary! Very inspiring! After reading the "Production boats and their limits" thread it's hard to believe she survived more than a day on her 40' Jeanneua Gin Fizz....granted her Pop made a few improvements to the rigging prior to departure. Still just baffles me to think a 14 year old could even contemplate such an undertaking!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.