SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Over Hill Sailing Club
Reaction score
On my 3GM there IS a bleeder up on the injector pump. It is partially hidden by the water hose. I would think the 1GM would have a bleeder in the same location?? Maybe you're not seeing it? The part circled looks like the fuel outlet from the injector pump. Actually it is probably the Inlet. The outlet to the injector should be the smaller diameter tube with a banjo fitting. If you can get fuel to the injector pump, the engine will start but that section of tubing, from filter to pump does get air-locked and needs to be bled or you can crank forever with no start.

Over Hill Sailing Club
Reaction score
That's what we are saying. There should be a bleeder screw just BEFORE the injector pump, on the low pressure side but after the filter bowl which has its own bleeder. If you can get fuel to the inlet of the injector pump, the pump will take it from there. At least that's the procedure on my 3GM. Once I get fuel up to the injector pump, the motor will kick right over. The nut you loosened is just a reducer of some sort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.