SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know, we just bought our 1st sailboat and while going through and cleaning it up some, we found this.

Looks like a coffee pot or something to me. Can someone tell me exactly what it is and how to "use" it? Also how to clean it up real nice.

Thanks.
Krista

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats a stove with a gimbal...
You shove a camping cooker underneath your pot and light it... The gimbal takes care that it is always in an upright position... Probably made from aluminium, which you can sand of or clean with something like cif and such stuff...

·
19,488 Posts
Probably meant to have a can of 'sterno' in the lower portion. Is the coffee pot 'stuck' to the burner holder?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably meant to have a can of 'sterno' in the lower portion. Is the coffee pot 'stuck' to the burner holder?
No the coffee pot does come out.. We were thinking sterno on the bottom but we weren't positive... Its kind of nasty and needs to be cleaned up really good. Not sure what is safe to use for something that will have food/beverage on/in it.

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
That's ingenious. Put in a new percolator and an MSR Pocket Rocket Stove, and you'll be praising the high seas. It could even be mounted in the cockpit so you never had to leave the tiller.

·
Don't call me a "senior"!
968 Posts
It's a Bremer Sea Swing. You can either use them with a can of Sterno or mount a small spirit stove underneath. See HERE.

Reactions: jimgo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts