SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent me a pic of a trailerable sailboat that's gonna go for scrap soon as the owner passed away. It's a hella big project and from what I can see it's missing sails and engine and the entire interior needs redoing.
But I've never seen one like this: for example it seems to be a center cockpit with a hatch aft of the cockpit comings, and the decks are impressed with fake teak patterning. Wheel steering but wheel is missing. It even has dinghy davits. My buddy gave it a quick going over on FB video and couldn't find any manufacturer's plates. It looks like the keel is a daggerboard.

Anyone know what this thing is? I've only got one picture.

The scrap guy is offering him 2 grand for the trailer and the boat. Hard to imagine spending 2 grand on a mostly gutted shell...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked it up and the 7.9 metre trailerable S2 has a standard aft cockpit. Has to be something else.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
could be s2 8.0c it is a fuggly boat only s2 to have the shoebox hull to deck joint. that would be project to save a boat that should never have been.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a little more digging and I think you're right: S2 8.0C with a shoal draft keel. Hard pass, though the trailer is nice. Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts