SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

what kind of boat is this?

6K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Faster 
Not sure if a Baltic or a Swan, but they're not the same company. Baltic was started in early 70's by 5 employees of Nautor (Swan) who left to go on their own. At the end of 1977 Hollming Ltd, a large Finnish shipbuilder purchased Baltic. In 1991 Hollming wanted to sell and there was an employee buyout and they have been running Baltic since then. They are located in Bosund Finland. Nautor Swan was purchased by Italian Leonardo Ferragamo in 1998.
Brian

They're both based in Finland. German Frers is Nautor's most prolific designer, also Tripp, and Luca Brenta. Previously S&S and Ron Holland.
Baltic uses mostly an in house team for most styling, engineering and interiors, lines by Judel Vrolijk,Reichel & Pugh, Doug Peterson,German Frers, S&S and others. Neither currently builds smaller than 42 in Swan's case and 50 for Baltic except for custom. Below are a Swan 40 and a Baltic 38. I don't think it is either. Definately from Scandinavia though.
Brian

Attachments

They're both based in Finland. German Frers is Nautor's most prolific designer, also Tripp, and Luca Brenta. Previously S&S and Ron Holland.
Baltic uses mostly an in house team for most styling, engineering and interiors, lines by Judel Vrolijk,Reichel & Pugh, Doug Peterson,German Frers, S&S and others. Neither currently builds smaller than 42 in Swan's case and 50 for Baltic except for custom. Below are a Swan 40 and a Baltic 38. I don't think it is either. Definitely from Scandinavia though.
Brian

Attachments

I agree with Faster on size, think it's at least 35', maybe more. It's a bit too sleek for a shorter boat I think. But other than earlier suggestions, haven't a clue. Somebody?
Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.