SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure it is a 27 footer, as that looks about right, and there is a lion head (looks like one to me anyway) inside the compass dial with the numbers 2 and 7 in place of west and east. I saw her on the Hudson during the flotilla of the Half Moon and other boats to celebrate the 400 anniversary of Henry Hudson going up the Hudson. Her name is the Queen Of Harts and is based out of Pine Bush, NY.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Looks like a Norsea 27.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
However, a search for the name "Queen of Hearts" finds a boat of that name out of Pine Plains, NY, which was made by Honker Landyachts. I don't know if this is the boat, but the name and home port sound right... but I don't know if they made the Norsea 27 or not. The sail logo looks right for a Norsea.

<table class="results" border="1" rules="all" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="right" width="24%">Vessel Name:</td> <td width="24%">QUEEN OF HEARTS</td> <td rowspan="11" class="gray" width="1%"> </td> <td align="right" width="24%">USCG Doc. No.:</td> <td width="24%">596716</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Vessel Service:</td> <td>RECREATIONAL</td> <td align="right">IMO Number:</td> <td>*</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Trade Indicator:</td> <td>Recreational</td> <td align="right">Call Sign:</td> <td>*</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Hull Material:</td> <td>FRP (FIBERGLASS)</td> <td align="right">Hull Number:</td> <td>HKL000940678</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Ship Builder:</td> <td>HERITAGE MARINE INC</td> <td align="right">Year Built:</td> <td>1978</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">
</td> <td>
</td> <td align="right">Length (ft.):</td> <td>27.2</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Hailing Port:</td> <td>PINE PLAINS, NY</td> <td align="right">Hull Depth (ft.):</td> <td>5.6</td> </tr> <tr> <td rowspan="3" align="right">Owner:</td> <td rowspan="3">J****
PINE PLAINS, NY 12567</td> <td align="right">Hull Breadth (ft.):</td> <td>8</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Gross Tonnage:</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Net Tonnage:</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Documentation Issuance Date:</td> <td>July 10, 2008</td> <td align="right">Documentation Expiration Date:</td> <td>August 31, 2009</td> </tr> <tr> </tr> <tr> <td>Previous Vessel Names:</td> <td> No Vessel Name Changes </td> <td class="gray"> </td> <td>Previous Vessel Owners:</td> <td> No Vessel Owner Changes</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
S/V Loon
61 Posts
Nor'Sea27

That is a Heritage Marine Nor'Sea27 designed by Lyle Hess.

Its amazing what you can learn on line....

This particular boat, the Queen of Hearts, (not Harts) is a documented vessel, which I suspected because she had no state numbers. I looked her up in the USCG Documented Vessel database.

There is a class association website, and they have a link to the factory website

Looks like you can still buy them new, either kit or finished.

Looks like a neat pocket cruiser.

Edit - I spent too long composing, others beat me too it.

·
19,489 Posts
Double ender, faux lapstrake, tiller, aft cabin... Nor'Sea 27 for sure! (But you all already knew that!)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
..and forward port is no longer part of any current mold-as forward is more of an expannnnnndeeeeed sail / locker vs. earlier forward v-berth design

·
Old enough to know better
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some how I knew Saildog would be first! thanks all, I really enjoyed watching it sail. She looked like all were enjoying sailing with the Half Moon, and I know I wanted to be out there, instead of behind the camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts