SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
people lie and fib all the time to get the 100 tonner...in retrospect its a very blase license with no hands on certification....

there is no way the cg checks for it...or enforce it...they do on the bigger ones where there is a huge step up in difficulty getting the 200 ton.

I got my 50 tonnner way back when based on the boats I sailed on...none of which where anywhere near 50 or 100 tons...

biggest being around 20.

when I got mine, I had the skippers of the boats I crewed on stamp and procure a log book of days worked on, or passage times...

then I had my log book on my travels on my boat...
I also counted days when I was much younger...basically it counts.

then took the classes paid up and bobs your uncle, went searching for jobs, in ft.lauderdale out of places and got nothing, even as crew it was real hard. jajaja

maybe times have changed or something

good luck

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
yup make sure your pee is kosher too!

they have made it harder now regarding the pee with some people being denied by using prescription medication...

some meds are not allowed...and even though they dont inhibit you they are enough to fail the test.

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
man 15 years ago you did the test at the school...comes back all dandy.

times change thats for sure

good luck op...hope you get a gig soon and a nice license whatever it may be

Reactions: erick_gill
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.