SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would anyone here have any idea what make this boat is, It has a Bukh 36HP Diesel and is glassfibre, I have found the brocure for the Diesel engine dated 1985, but there was other material onboard which was dated 1982.
I have no idea but my cousin thinks it a Van de stadt but others think its a Farr.
Its 12.5 Metres.
The carpentry inside is very nice a lot of detail.

Thanks in advance.
John

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Newhaul,
Where would the HIM be on the boat I only have the HIN and RMS dont know the make either. They said that the owner was South African or German from recolection.

·
19,485 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The beginning of the HIN is AUWWA
The lady at RMS said it was registered in Australia in 96 and that's all I have to go on at the moment. I am getting her slipped next week so I will try and get some better photos.
cheers.

·
19,485 Posts

·
19,485 Posts
So - 41 feet long ;)

Does the hard dodger appear to be original/factory? or an add-on? that might narrow it down a bit.

No builder's plate anywhere? Have you bought this already??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi me hearties,

The good people that are anti fouling my boat have sent through these pics, do these pics help with the identification of what make this boat is. everyone who I ask dont know either.
A bottle of Rum too who ever gets it right. Arrr....:)

Attachments

·
19,485 Posts
some more pics yesterday out of the water.
None that I can see... suggest you upload your pics to Photobucket.com, them copy and paste the IMG code link option directly into the body of your post. Works better for everyone. Free to join, no affiliation other than steady user.

Reactions: eibocs

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
Part of me agrees with Van de Stadt but no smoking gun. There is a similarity to the VDS39 which was built by Dehler as the Dehler 39CWS but that's not 12.5m (41') and/or the VDS Caribbean at 40'. Beam also doesn't work for either of them. Difficulty is that she does not look production. Interior has the look of an Asian build or owner built. Dehler did not use teak (looks teak to me) in their interiors and there are too many twirly bits in the wood working. Coach roof looks very VDS but the boom looks too short for either the 39 or 40. VDS cruising boats of that era and earlier also tended to have deck stepped masts though whether that is true of the glass boats I am not sure.

Difficulty then is that I don't know of any Asian built VDS production boats and most owner built VDS were steel, timber or aluminium.

You said she was registered in Australia in 1996. Any idea under what name ? I don't suppose you know if she was built here ?

Reactions: eibocs
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.