SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

what to buy?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  14432 
#1 ·
I spent the evening shopping the local classifieds and I found a few boas that I think may meet my needs. This will be my first sailboat. I plan to use it primarily as a daysailer with the occasional weekend mostly on the lakes in northeast tennessee. I don't know the first thing about sailboats so any info you can pass on would be helpfull. prior to purchase an expierienced friend will be checking the boats out for condition, but he doesn't sail inland and has been very little help in choosing a boat. my choices at the moment are:
1975 Pearson sloop
1978 Catalina 25 fixed keel
1985 catalina c22
any opinions?

#3 ·
Good thing about the C22 is that they're relatively easy to trailer and may even come with a trailer. That would give you the option of drysailing it and would be nice for winter storage.

However, your crew size, water depth, etc. should be considered as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.