SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small light outboard for my dink. A local used marine store has a Johnson 2hp for sale. Looks ideal and priced at about $300. I believe the store services the outboards before they put them up for sale. Tag on motor said serviced 2 weeks ago and "comp 60". I did not get a chance to talk to the owner.

I know nothing about outboards but am guessing that comp 60 might be the compression? Is that low? What does the mean? I want a reliable motor but also thought this might be a good simple motor for me to learn about maintenance. What do you think?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went back and they still had the motor. Superficially it looks good, hoses seem to be flexible not rotten etc. I love how light it is. Decided to buy it and got the price down to $275. Store policy is that have a week to try it and can return it if I'm not happy. Got it home and looked up the model number. It's a 1983 motor. We'll see if I can get it going this week. Thanks for all your help so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.