SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
:)

My daughters adventure up the mast was due to a largish bird landing on my wind indicator and bending it 90º (not much use if its pointing down :)) Interestingly every sail boat in the river had the same issue....

Before this just after I bought this boat I had 3 micro bats that loved to sleep in that mainsail under the covers. I tied a small line around the end to prevent that, but have since moved the boat to a new mooring.

Every area has it's own unique wildlife issues, best advice i can give is look around at the other boats in your area and see what others are doing, and look to see who has the cleanest decks.

I didn't mind the bats, but didn't like the bat poo on my sail.

Dave.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Then there's this other sailboat across the way which has several CDs hanging from the rigging... I'm assuming (hoping?) this is a bird deterrent.
That used to work for my dad's boat and others around Middle Harbour (Sydney Australia) for keeping away the seagulls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.