SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Did CharlieCobra get a new boat?
Just messing with you Charlie. I did not see any wood so I knew it wasn't you.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Obviously, they need some bleach in the gene pool down there.

·
2,448 Posts
They may need bleach in the gene pool but I'm guessing this guy needed bleach for his boxers !

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,264 Posts
"Honey, it will be fine as soon as we get past the breakers, now go make some coffee."

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow!

I understand he's looking for crew now...any volunteers?

I think there are ten possibilities why this happened:

10) He listened to NOAA...they predicted calm seas?
9) He figured he could get his boat pressure washed for free (even the bottom).
8) His buddy at the bar last night bet him he couldn't get his sailboat vertical.
7) His holding tank was full and he wanted to empty it the hard way.
6) There are big "wakes" and winds in the marina...lets see if things are better outside...
5) He set the autopilot and went below for a nap.
4) Why buy radar?...A depth sounder can also be used to spot obstacles on the horizon.
3) His surfboard was broken.
2) He's afraid of heights...thought it would be easier to inspect the mast if it were horizontal.
1) He just got a new EPIRB and wanted to try it out.

I'll bet he doesn't try that one again; EVER!;)

Skipper, J/36 "Zero Tolerance"

·
Sailing Junkie
300 Posts
What a dumb-A____!!! This guy should be on the bottom...but that would be a hazard to navigation for the rest of us!! If his insurance company could see these pictures, do you think they would keep his policy??? Think his bimini is still intact?

·
SailAway
166 Posts
Unbelieveable. Anyone who would even consider going out with seas breaking like that has to be either stupid or insane. What amazing pictures. Its one thing to get caught by a sudden storm but to choose to go out with seas like that is ridiculous.

·
Crealock 37
676 Posts
One thing about guys like him...they demonstrate that the boats are capable of handling worse conditions than I'm willing to knowingly encounter.

Any idea what make boat it is?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I bet that getting turned around to head back in was a puckering experience.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I agree with Sailak, and with my Dad, who told me long ago:

"The boat's tougher than you are"

and

"The boat can take it if you can"..

This guy was #@*&()* lucky he had a tough boat, and an engine that didn't burn out when the prop jumped up how many times.

I hope he went to church the next Sunday, and gave thanks, asked for forgiveness, and put something in the collection plate...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.