SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
bell ringer
5,024 Posts
older members are bored with the topics and the younger crowd hang on facebooks, twitter, and blogs

·
Administrator
7,540 Posts
Forums evolve. We evolved some people away from us 😊

This is a pretty happy & healthy community.

Welcome back 😊

Mark

Reactions: mikel1

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm here, and have been reading and learning a lot. I've just purchased my Bristol 35.5, and am still learning about the various systems. I did my first winterization back in November, and hope to be launching in the next couple of months. I have neve flown a spinaker, and my boat comes with a large one, and a spinaker pole. Today, I've been watching Youtube videos on deploying a spinaker.

·
Administrator
7,540 Posts
I'm here, and have been reading and learning a lot. I've just purchased my Bristol 35.5, and am still learning about the various systems. I did my first winterization back in November, and hope to be launching in the next couple of months. I have neve flown a spinaker, and my boat comes with a large one, and a spinaker pole. Today, I've been watching Youtube videos on deploying a spinaker.
The moment the spinnaker is up its a great feeling! 😊

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Pacific Seacraft Owners Facebook Group has grown as the older Sailnet - Boat Builders Row - Pacific Seacraft posts have become more and more sparse. My wife follows the Facebook group. Thumper posts there, and there are currently about 900 members and several posts on an average day. Facebook Groups

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes

·
Registered
566 Posts
Since the format changed, I've been spending a lot less time on sailnet - not sure why. I think I like the old format better.

As Bill pointed out, there is now a very active (and slightly more social) PSC facebook group, which I follow. But there is so much good information and so many knowledgable PSC owners here, that I'll keep posting here as well.

·
Administrator
7,540 Posts
Since the format changed, I've been spending a lot less time on sailnet - not sure why. I think I like the old format better.

As Bill pointed out, there is now a very active (and slightly more social) PSC facebook group, which I follow. But there is so much good information and so many knowledgable PSC owners here, that I'll keep posting here as well.
No doubt the new format has given us 'churn'. Its taken me time to get comfortable with it and theres still bugs that annoy me. So I, and the other Mods, feel for you and other members.

It does get easier after a while :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was on
Facebook a few years ago, but there was so Much BS that I closed my account and refuse to rejoin.

·
Registered
23,445 Posts
I've never had a facebook account and don't really want one. My wife does and she does whatever recon is needed and keeps up with the kids. However, it's becoming more and more common to find very small businesses that use their facebook account like it was their webpage. Often one can read their info, without an account, but it's clunky and trying to get you to sign up. I may end up having a default anonymous account (ie John Doe or such made up name), just to navigate. I think anonymous is against their rules, but have no idea how they'd know and I couldn't care less, if they closed it anyway.

·
Weekend Sailor
136 Posts
Seems like two factors caused activity to lower:
  • The new format makes it harder to track activity.
  • In addition, some active contributors were uninvited (I missed their offenses)

As to facebook, i was a very early member and now I am seeing MANY long term users
depart - so I would expect forums like this to be seeing an influx of members. At least here,
our 'product' status is open and in plain site. ( cant say the same about the ad- aggregators that
are deciding which ads to place. )

/ed

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
367 Posts
Just joined today...glad to hear this is not a facebook crowd.
OBTW...welcome to you! Glad to see another PSC 31 owner aboard. At least our family is not a Faceplant, uh I mean Facebook crowd. Not even my Millennial son can stand the non-stop posts of folks on social media. I think you will find many helpful folks here and probably all off them don't care to see a picture of what someone may have had for breakfast or a selfie of someone with someone else we don't know!

Since this is in the Pacific Seacraft specific forum don't hesitate to reach out with questions, information or stories about your Pacific Seacraft with myself or others. We truly are still here! Take that Steve McQueen!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts