SailNet Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,499 Posts
so feel Im allowed here.
IMO, one only needs to like to read, post or ask about sailboats. They never needed to own one. I even know an experienced sailor or two that never owned a keel boat in their lives. Professional crew. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
Pacific Seacraft 31
10 Posts
OBTW...welcome to you! Glad to see another PSC 31 owner aboard. At least our family is not a Faceplant, uh I mean Facebook crowd. Not even my Millennial son can stand the non-stop posts of folks on social media. I think you will find many helpful folks here and probably all off them don't care to see a picture of what someone may have had for breakfast or a selfie of someone with someone else we don't know!

Since this is in the Pacific Seacraft specific forum don't hesitate to reach out with questions, information or stories about your Pacific Seacraft with myself or others. We truly are still here! Take that Steve McQueen!
Thanks for the welcome! Both Noel (my wife) and I are from the east coast and have family in Raleigh...about an hour and a half from Washington, NC. We spent about 3 hours on the shop floor with Steve and Thumper March 2019...I couldn't help myself as I was originally trained as a manufacturing engineer (Ohio State). Some of the project pics here if you are snowed in and bored... First Light Projects - mikephotos (smugmug.com)

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
375 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! Both Noel (my wife) and I are from the east coast and have family in Raleigh...about an hour and a half from Washington, NC. We spent about 3 hours on the shop floor with Steve and Thumper March 2019...I couldn't help myself as I was originally trained as a manufacturing engineer (Ohio State). Some of the project pics here if you are snowed in and bored... First Light Projects - mikephotos (smugmug.com)
We just missed each other visiting PSC. I was there early May 2019. Guess you had a chance to see the new 31 soon to be commissioned. Shiny, unlike our 32 year old gelcoat! Our home port is off of the lower Chesapeake Bay not too far from Deltaville.

Regent Point Marina & Boatyard – Chesapeake Bay

Myself and Thumper. We had been to Ocracoke just prior to this pic. A wonderful harbor but sketchy sailing on the sound. Was appreciating our Scheel keel with the many shoaled up areas that constantly defy the charts!
IMG_1873.jpg

·
Registered
Pacific Seacraft 31
10 Posts
We just missed each other visiting PSC. I was there early May 2019. Guess you had a chance to see the new 31 soon to be commissioned. Shiny, unlike our 32 year old gelcoat! Our home port is off of the lower Chesapeake Bay not too far from Deltaville.

Regent Point Marina & Boatyard – Chesapeake Bay

Myself and Thumper. We had been to Ocracoke just prior to this pic. A wonderful harbor but sketchy sailing on the sound. Was appreciating our Scheel keel with the many shoaled up areas that constantly defy the charts!
View attachment 138470
Wow, pretty amazing...Yes, we did spend quite a bit of time on that new 31 in the shop...and were amazed at how our boat (we had owned it 2 months at that point, mostly on the hard) compared. The original owner was a true sailor/engineer/mechanic with flawless maintenance, projects, notes, etc. from 2004-2012. 2012-19 owner was a "polisher" and the boat rarely left the slip, but was used most weekends. As a result, almost indistinguishable from new when we bought First Light in January of 2019.

I'm originally from Baltimore and my family (Palmer) was one of the founders of St. Mary's county, just around the corner from you on the Potomac. I also have a good friend with a Beneteau 47 just across from Soloman's Island.

·
S/V Interlude, PSC31
375 Posts
Wow, pretty amazing...Yes, we did spend quite a bit of time on that new 31 in the shop...and were amazed at how our boat (we had owned it 2 months at that point, mostly on the hard) compared. The original owner was a true sailor/engineer/mechanic with flawless maintenance, projects, notes, etc. from 2004-2012. 2012-19 owner was a "polisher" and the boat rarely left the slip, but was used most weekends. As a result, almost indistinguishable from new when we bought First Light in January of 2019.

I'm originally from Baltimore and my family (Palmer) was one of the founders of St. Mary's county, just around the corner from you on the Potomac. I also have a good friend with a Beneteau 47 just across from Soloman's Island.
Interlude was well cared for by her original owner from 1989. She simply has a bunch more years under her keel and just like us is showing her age some! Unlike us she still turns heads when we arrive somewhere!

We actually live almost 3 hours from our boat on a small farm tucked up against the Shenandoah National Park just west of Charlottesville. Pic is looking west towards the park. Yup it's definitely winter out there!

Cedar Knoll Farm.jpg

·
Registered
Pacific Seacraft 31
10 Posts
I'm familiar with the long boat commute...ours is 6 hours from Tucson (or Prescott), AZ to Oceanside, CA 40 miles north of San Diego. Good news is we sail at least a week a month, often at least two. Rarely day sail. The islands off of California (Catalina is the best known) are amazing and very similar to BVI/USVI accept water temps in the winter are a bit cooler...but we sail every month of the year! Just sailed last week up to Newport/Dana Point for a quick single handed run between work projects.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts