SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I bought any materials I believe they came from Merton's.

I have a number of deck hardware projects and I'd like to use an economical alternative to West System Epoxy.

What supplier and epoxy resins are you currently using?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I just buy West System from whoever is cheapest online (via Google shopping). Seriously, it's not like you're building a boat, how much can you be using?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
For general marine resin, McDonalds Hardware has stuff they advertise for $19 a gallon. For something that needs a bit more certainty...I go to Merrit Marine Supply and get some good stuff. These are local suppliers here in Florida.

·
Registered
830 Posts
$19/gal.??
Bulk polyester, I suppose!?!?
For epoxy and glass,fillers and tools, my money's on WWW.fiberglass site.com
Fella up state from me does hot rod parts, cycle stuff and is well respected ion the motor community. It was his recommendation to go to the above site, and boy! I'm glad. FResh.epoy Resin at half the price! glass at 1/4 of WM packages. and welcome info and instructions.
Just check it out. :D

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
$19/gal.??
Bulk polyester, I suppose!?!?
For epoxy and glass,fillers and tools, my money's on WWW.fiberglass site.com
Fella up state from me does hot rod parts, cycle stuff and is well respected ion the motor community. It was his recommendation to go to the above site, and boy! I'm glad. FResh.epoy Resin at half the price! glass at 1/4 of WM packages. and welcome info and instructions.
Just check it out. :D
Yep. Again, I dont use it for important jobs, but for building stuff that may need just some glass and filler:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Raka is not available in stores- you have to order directly from them, online or by phone or fax. They offer prompt service, business-sensible website and reasonable pricing.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I use Progressive Epoxy, search on line and you will get their site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts