1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
5,930 Posts
Seriously?

·
I don't discuss my member
2,692 Posts
I have a feeling this guy and scottie55 (of "How hard is it to sail around the world alone?" poll fame) are the same people. Similar number of posts and they all have the same inane flavor- "Whats the best boat?" or "What's the best place to sail?" or "What's the best sailing movie?" That and posts about people dying while sailing. I think the mods should check this guy out for multiple user identities.

·
old guy :)
1,061 Posts
The answer is "Yes".

But only if you are actually sailing there - not just thinking about it.

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
Each of those places is unique and great in their own right. You can't choose between apples, oranges, plums and pears. So, yes, to the option you forgot to include: all of the above.

·
Water Lover
773 Posts
Crisscross80, send me a valid check for $250 000 US and I'll personally research each of these venues during the coming year and then give you my opinion. If you send me a little more money and give me another year for research, I might even break the answer down into a few categories and customize for the types of sailing in which you might be interested, and provide highlight videos and pix for each region. And the first $1 000 000 paid to me will (eventually) get my answer to just how hard it is to circumnavigate solo.

·
Water Lover
773 Posts
Without people doing stupid things on the water, quite a few marine industry professionals, law enforcement officers, and attorneys would have less work. The poll was somewhat interesting in showing what the poster seemingly knew or didn't about where people sail and had some slightly odd selections and gaps, as well as an overall ingenue, outsider approach of seeing "sailing" as a simple monolith.

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
What one has the better sailing?
One what? This whole black and white mindset is kind of polluting our culture, and is reflected in our political situation. One might have better gunk-holing, another may have better big wind sailing. Is one better than the other? Well depends on what you want, or even are in the mode for. Kind of like what is the best wine? Well depends on what you happen to be eating, what are you in mood for? Sometimes I want a tannin filled knock your socks off Cabernet, other times I want a light rose Vin de pays from Provence. Is one better than the other? I don't think so, but I can tell you they both taste better in the cockpit on the anchor in a quiet cove.

As one said, the best is where you happen to be on a sailboat.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Agree with everyone else. There are so many variables, there is no best. Unless the OP comes back to say what is important to him, we can't answer.
Of course, based on the OP's history, we probably won't hear back from him until he has another poll...what's better, a 27' Tartan or a 35' Hunter?

·
MikeGuyver
122 Posts
HELLOOOOO...McFLY......s'long as yer not in new mexico, north or south Dakota or mebbe Colorado and a few other places that have few large bodies of water, all those places would seem like going to sailing heaven......or you're just a joker that gets his (or her or uncertain) jollies opening a door and throwing in a grenade to shake up the locals.
probably owns a stinky pot anyway

1 - 20 of 21 Posts