SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dufour 27 Newb
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I seem to be on a roll with all sorts of problems but on the plus side is helping me get to know the engine intimately! So normally when I insert the key into the ignition and do 1 turn, the three warning lights on the control panel (ie. Battery, Oil Pressure, Temperature) would come on together with the buzzer and once the engine starts they all go off after a few seconds! However today the temperature warning did not light up in the first instance and remained off.

I checked the obvious ie the light bulb and the connection on the panel and they are in order. As a next step I would like to check the continuity from the sender unit but was not able to find it? I could not work backwards from the control panel either! Any ideas where it is located on a beta marine 20? Is the fact that it is not lighting a sign that the wire is shorting to earth? Also next I read that I should try and swap the positives of another warning light that is functioning help!

thanks.

·
Dufour 27 Newb
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Here is a photo of what I thought was the oil sensor or is this the temperature sending unit?!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts

·
Dufour 27 Newb
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that! The "first" picture was rather intuitive - I have this manual and never saw that wire although my engine is a slightly different layout but I am hopeful that the location of the two spade connectors will be around there. thanks again - will check later in the week and report back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts