SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Alex,
I've also wondered where TB got to but BF spat the dummy a while back , I think over a censorship issue but I'm not 100% sure.

Dale has some personal (health related ?) problems.

CGRet and USP I don't know.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I think Max-on and TrueBlue eloped together..they've both been missing about the same amount of time... :)

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
TrueBlue sold his sailboat a number of months ago because his wife couldn't handle the heeling, IIRC. I would imagine that, sooner-or-later, one might eventually lose interest in a sailing site if one no longer sailed? Just a WAG...

The only "ZZ" I recall/recognize, off-hand, is zz4gta. He has posted recently, so maybe you mean another "ZZ," Alex?

USCGRet1990 apparently had some health issues. That he never posted much after that return announcement is cause for concern.

BestFriend apparently had a melt-down. (Ironic, bitching about BS in a thread entitled "AFOC" :rolleyes:)

uspirate hasn't been gone that long--only a couple weeks. Nor have max-on or Joel73 been gone all that long: Three and two weeks, respectively. I don't know as it's time to panic, yet :).

I know it may seem very strange to some of you, but there is Life Outside Sailnet , you know ;)

Jim

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Jim,
I believe ZZ is a reference to Dale, I forget his screen name. Dale wore a beard very closley resembling the members of ZZ Top.
I too miss Dale, he was good to have around. Didn't Dale's Mother-in-law become very sick?
Blue, we all know his story. Another good egg.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Goose / Dale

Was his screen name, last posted in the summer of '07.

Dale, if your out there, your friends at sailnet miss ya'

<TABLE class=tborder id=post170023 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead> #18 (permalink)
<!-- status icon and date -->
07-22-2007 - [add post to favorites] <!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD noWrap>goose327
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_170023", true); </SCRIPT>
2kt wind=trolling speed
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jun 2001

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_170023><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->Thanks gang, for all the well wishes and heartfelt PMs. The dust is settling, and we are getting by one day at a time.
This fine day finds us with a "babysitter" for Pop and a few days free so we're launching in a few hours for some much needed "us" time. NOAA is calling for next to dead calm(6-10 off and on)and HOT weather for the week, but we have no place to go and all the time in the world to get there.
Not sure what day I'm comin' in but Weds. will be the earliest.
Again, thank you, it means alot.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Dale

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Alex, I sent Bob an e-mail. I hope he responds.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Alex you have been known to run away and hide every now and then. I've been kind of doing the same thing myself of late. Just got bored with this place. Though I still pop in from time to time to look see what is happening, the spark is gone. Maybe it will come back after we've been out sailing for a few weeks in January. We'll see.

Off topic has gone completely insane. Until a couple of months back I had no one on ignore now I do and if I was here more often the list would be growing steadily.

Given that TB sold his boat , as SemiJim said, you would tend to lose interest in a sailing site if you were no longer sailing.

USPirate did mutter something about moving from Las Vegas if I recall rightly. Maybe that's why he's not been around.

·
Hitchin' a ride
3,191 Posts
Awww, thats sweet. Now you can all BITE ME! :D I'm around, can't get rid of me that easy. Just busy with life. Thanks for the note Tim. Happy Holidays everyone.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Hello BF, Merry Christmas to you

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
... the spark is gone. Maybe it will come back after we've been out sailing for a few weeks in January. We'll see.
That happened to me, last fall, after we hauled Abracadabra for the season. Then, about the time she went back in, here I was again. This year I'm still in sailor/sailing mode, for some reason.

Off topic has gone completely insane. Until a couple of months back I had no one on ignore now I do and if I was here more often the list would be growing steadily.
I have found that it's best to mostly avoid OT sub-forums regardless of the site's focus. You'll notice I occasionally participate in OT threads, but mostly not and usually not for long.

Jim

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Hey BF/Goose... happy holidays to you both... and to TrueBlue and Max-on if they ever shows up.

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
That top one looks like a Dutch design. I think they call it the shoe. Very popular in Portugal I understand. The bottom photo has been popular everywhere!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
USCGRet did check in quite some time ago saying he had some health issues. Hope he is well. TB's probably out there trying to figure out where the money from his boat sale went.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
His daughter got married this past summer.... that's where the money probably went.

USCGRet did check in quite some time ago saying he had some health issues. Hope he is well. TB's probably out there trying to figure out where the money from his boat sale went.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
The word "probably" does indicate that there is a small and remote chance it went elsewhere, but there is no definitive proof his daughter wiped it all out...so that probability does exist and is not zero...it maybe really close to zero...:D
Probably?????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts