SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cal 25 sailboat that I'm trying to sell in Southern California at a low price but being that it's the middle of winter there don't seem to be a lot of buyers interested. I've had some offers but no takers, and the only serious offer is from a recycler who is interested in the keel. It just seems a shame to scrap a sea worthy boat that's ready to go to Catalina.

As much as a I don't want to, I might be forced to consider scrapping my boat. Before I do that- does anyone have any suggestions for clubs, city programs, or small charter company/clubs that I could try approaching to offer a donation? I would love to find a group to donate to especially if I could maybe use the boat every once in a blue moon in the future, or at least just keep it out of the scrap yard. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Is there a BAADS or sea scouts near you?

My dad was an avid sailor at baads and they outfit boats in your size range for disabled sailors...

it really is a great way to donate a boat...and they are very very friendly

cheers

·
3,506 Posts
Orange Coast Community College had an active sailing program, try them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cal State Channel Islands has a boating center in Channel Islands harbor (Oxnard). If it is in decent condition, they may take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts