SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C&C 25 and am making plans to install an inexpensive stereo system. I have searched the site without a lot of detail, but was hoping to get some ideas or photos of other peoples installs.

I need some clever ideas of where to mount the radio. The one I'm buying is a standard Kenwood marine stereo that is Sirius ready. I chose this one because I already own the separate Sirius tuner for the radio.

I just need to find a clever and logical location to mount it.

ideas and or photos appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Downstairs..and get a remote!
There's a lot of real estate down there, any particular location better than the other? I will probably have to cut into something to mount the head unit, so I only want to do it once.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Don—

I second Cam's suggestion of down in the cabin with a remote. However, a photo of the nav station, which is typically where the stereo head unit gets mounted would help in giving suggestions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's makes sense. Now that you have jarred my memory, I remember seeing white colored enclosures at West Marine the last time I was in there.

I guess I could design a simple little Nav station. Currently the boat has no electronics or nav station. However there is a nice little shelf above the sink area that is a catch all for junk. I think that would be a good place to do this.

Now if I can persuade others that have done this before to post a few pics of thier ingenuity.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
928 Posts
<TABLE class=tborder id=post424267 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead> 4 Weeks Ago - [add post to favorites] <!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD noWrap>Wayne25
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_424267", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jul 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_424267><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->The PO didn't have a permanent location for a fixed VHF on my Helms 25. I wanted the radio close to the mast location to keep the coax short for low line loss. I also needed some additional circuits for spreader lights and steaming/foredeck lighting I was adding. Here is what I came up with that was out of the way, can be seen from the cockpit and allows a remote mike in the cockpit

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Wayne
Rehoboth Bay/Indian River, DE
Helms 25
1976 #552
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have a C&C 25 and am making plans to install an inexpensive stereo system. I have searched the site without a lot of detail, but was hoping to get some ideas or photos of other peoples installs.

I need some clever ideas of where to mount the radio. The one I'm buying is a standard Kenwood marine stereo that is Sirius ready. I chose this one because I already own the separate Sirius tuner for the radio.

I just need to find a clever and logical location to mount it.

ideas and or photos appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts