SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Winch Fouler
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those sailors stuck in port, daydreaming about their next adventure...

If you could cast off today, fully provisioned on YOUR CURRENT BOAT, and time wasn't a factor, Where would you go?

I'll start it up...

Being from the tropics, I would sail up to New York City. I've never been there, and have a sister who recently moved to NY for college. It seems like a funny sailing destination at first glance, but Manhattan is an island right?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
One place?
Got to be the Aleutian islands.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Current boat? With some modifications to add to cruising comfort and safety, I would have to say the coast of Maine/Nova Scotia looks pretty cool. Realistically though (with our current "noob" status), I'm going to be pretty happy to make it out to Put-In Bay in Lake Erie in the near future.

·
19,484 Posts
Central/Northern coastal BC, Haida Gwai (Queen Charlottes) and through to Alaska...

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
Faster answered for me. I'm doing some of that this summer, wish I had endless time to do more of it. I think there is a lifetime of cruising in these parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Start with sailing down to Panama, hang out for a while, then over to the south pacific and Australia never been there
Awyann

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alex and Faster, great sail, I lived in BC for 12 years and sailed that a few times, it can be challanging with all the islands and tides shifts. but so worth the work.. post pictures,

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
Just exactly where I am now. Cruising the Windwards and Leewards, year round sailing with reliable winds.

Anchored in Admiralty Bay Bequia just now, next stop the Tobeago Cays.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
No question in my mind - I'd be back in Marathon Key, Florida, playing music at the tiki bars and singing to the ladies. They didn't want me to leave when I headed north in March, and believe me, I didn't want to leave.

Gary :cool:

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,218 Posts
Southern and central Italy

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,256 Posts
If I could leave right now, I would start off dropping the boat on the East coast, go North to Canada then over to England and to keep traveling the world.

·
2,447 Posts
Hmm, no time constraints in my current boat.

Head north to Maine, then work my way slowly down the East Coast taking in the sights along the way, all the way down to Key West, then back north a bit and a jump over to the Bahamas.

It would take quite a while to do it right. Now where did I put that lottery ticket?

Reactions: TheWollard

·
Registered
394 Posts
I live near the south eastern shore of Lake Ontario, I would start there and head west. I'd stop when I sailed the entire shoreline of the five lakes and was able to explore/hike many of the more remote areas.

Brad

1 - 20 of 48 Posts