SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this has been done before. Then let me know and I'll delete it.
How about some general pics of where your boat lives.

This is Yaringa Marina,In Westernport Bay, Victoria. My boat is not in the pics.

Mychael

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has some bad points.The channel you see is artificial and not very wide. Getting in and out at low tide is a pain if you have to pass someone. Also if you get across the channel wind + low tide you have to stay on the ball.

It's a nice quiet secluded spot but is also at the northern most point of the bay (which is very tidal) so it can limit a sailboats activities a bit if wind and tide are not in your favour.

But everyone is nice there, it has a chandler of workable size and most of the trades a yachtie needs.

Mychael

·
Retired and happy
228 Posts

Attachments

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
My Dock

I have stayed at many marinas, some big and most small. But this place has the fewest amenities. It is the future retirement home of a good friend and fellow sailor. His private dock is not free (I agreed to pay the going rate) but it is very private and very nice.

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Private dock

Now "That's" the sort of Marina berth I'd like.. Picnic on the grass in front of your boat. Great.

Mike

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
Where I keep my Boat

In St Marys County Maryland near Solomons Island.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Heron at Home

We keep her at the dock at our retirement home in NC, the bad news is that we are not down there all the time... yet.

From the end of the dock looking back to the house.

Looking out the creek into the river.

The good news is that at the right time of year, you can sail from and catch shrimp right off the dock!

cheers

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
Now "That's" the sort of Marina berth I'd like.. Picnic on the grass in front of your boat. Great.

Mike
Mike the one drawback is as the sun sets out come the monster bugs! I have had many private family picnics there and one major family crab feast. You can't beat it for the privacy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts