SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased and 1969 whitney system/30 sailboat. searching the web, I found the sailboatdata.com listing which has minimal info and an add for sale on ebay that lists this as the first unsinkable sailboat. I would love to find out more as i wait out the winter in the northwest. does anyone know about this sailboat and can they direct me to more information about this sailboat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just purchased and 1969 whitney system/30 sailboat. searching the web, I found the sailboatdata.com listing which has minimal info and an add for sale on ebay that lists this as the first unsinkable sailboat. I would love to find out more as i wait out the winter in the northwest. does anyone know about this sailboat and can they direct me to more information about this sailboat.
That came from the manufacturers ad in 'Yachting' Magazine, (around 1968 - I'll try to find it because there was a photo in the ad.)
I don't remember seeing it mentioned in the S&S master list of designs. You might call S&S to see if they have any record of it. If they do, they will send it to you. My experience is that they are very nice about this kind of thing.
If you do come up with anything, please share it. I was always curious my self. This was more than 40 years ago so the chance that someone is around that might remember has faded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply. S&S did the plans and it is design #1958. the plans have been sent to mystic seaport. enquiries to them have not been fruitful by phone or by email. the search continues. I have now met the boat and she is a beauty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts