SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a little soon for this thread but I am just to excited about going! It will be my first real boat show. I have only been to one other and it was at my marina which had no sailboats and just a few cabin cruisers, pretty small really.

Not sure what day we are leaving but I think we may head down on Friday and stay until Sunday. Or either travel on Thursday and Saturday, not sure but I think I may want to go to the Lats and Atts party, is it worth it anyone? We are driving, not going by boat if anyone was thinking that.

Im not exactly sure what to expect, I have been watching all the videos I can find on the web about the boat shows. This year in St. Pete they are combining the Strictly Sail show with another powerboat show. I wonder if that will mean there will be less sailboats than usual? I sure hope not.

So who is going and who is exctied?

·
Roadkillibus Texanis
1,602 Posts
Stay away from the power boats. They're nothin' but trouble.

St Pete is bad timing for me . . . but I do love the shows! I spend 10 percent of the time looking at boats and 90 percent chatting with vendors.

·
Colorado Sailor
145 Posts
I'll be there.
I read somewhere that there will be around 50 sailboats there. I could be wrong on that one. That's about 1/3 or less of the sailboats at the Annapolis Boat Show that we attended in Oct. It should still be good, and as said by "retclt" most of the time is spent with vendors.
I'll be staying on a friends boat in the marina right across from the show. Now that's convenient!:)
I've heard that the "Lats and Atts" party is not to be missed, so I won't miss it!:D
Flying in from Colorado and I'm excited too!

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Mike, looks like there aren't going to be many Sailnet'ers at the boat show.

My girlfriend and I are heading down Friday morning and staying until Sunday.

I am pretty surprised that there aren'y more people going from Sailnet......

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Don't forget to stop by the Tartan booth and say "hi"!!!

·
San Juan 26
395 Posts
We went last year and took all three kids. St Pete's this time of year is great. Be sure to catch the Latts and Atts cruisers party. That was the highlight of the show for us. They have good music and usually free beer and pizza. I wanted to go this year but it looks like we won't be able to make it. Have fun!

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T34C, are you going to be at the Tartan booth?

We are definately going to the Latts and Atts party! We were planning on going Thrusday and coming home Saturday but the L&A party changed our plans.

I cant wait to see Eric Stone, and meet the L&A people. Since I read their mag it will be kinda neat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is It Really

Is it really worth the trip for a sailboater,are there any really good info and fun
for a Sailboater or not.
This would be my first Boat Show in Florida,been to Newport and Annapolis many times how does it compare.

·
All For Me Grog!
60 Posts
I'll be there for sure. To me, the best part of the show is the Lats and Atts party. REALLY good time. Do not miss it. We've been looking forward to it for months.
Other than the party, you walk through a few boats, see the same old gear - can cover all that in about 2-3 hours. I guess if you're a serious buyer then it would take longer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Come on down!
I was helping set up our booth yesterday and spoke with Bob Bitchin. WOW has he lost weight. I used to look forward to standing next to him because it made me feel so small. Now, I think I may be bigger than he.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

1 - 12 of 12 Posts