SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"he's" a Reinke Super 10 for the Lady from Germany that is going to sail the world..whole series of you tube vids. this in #4

She doesn't solo until # 12

I just know the guys are going to be all over this!

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
I found out about her a couple weeks ago. It's nice that she's going out there and enjoying herself. I am following her journey. It's good to see things like this.

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's sort of packed it in and talks about taking Karl back to the homeland. Great vids she made. But at least she realized her limitations.

·
Bluenoser
192 Posts
She's sort of packed it in and talks about taking Karl back to the homeland. Great vids she made. But at least she realized her limitations.
Seemed to me like she was talking about taking Karl home via Easter Islands, Hawaii, Alaska, overland Canada, down the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence, and across the North Atlantic to Germany...not exactly "packing it in".

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
I'm not sure how you got that impression. She has a lot of big adventures planned out for the next few years according to video #18.

It sounds like she has been away from the boat for a few weeks, I look forward to her publishing a new video again weekly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah, it was a few weeks ago that I saw it on here I think, watched all them up through and was waiting on #18 to upload. Was hoping for more fun times, but even so, hearing the hopeful plans are exciting to continue the watch.

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seeing all the troubles she had with the boat, I felt she was pretty beat up by the experience, Hope I'm wrong and she continues. It's very well done!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive been watching and the latest looks like she has some good plans .. I think she went home for the holidays and to get some energy back after many hurdles(that she has managed to get over not always gracefully but got over) I look forward to seeing more .. and if she goes the route she talked about in #18. I look forward to seeing her here in the Salish sea in a .. .. well however long it takes her to get here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As someone who has limited sailing experience, I am learning a lot from her mistakes, she amazes me in what she has done with a boat that frankly in the beginning was not seaworthy imho.
certainly makes me want to get off my butt and get a boat.

·
Registered
23,431 Posts
I've watched every episode. It's very entertaining and she's pretty cool to be doing what she is doing.

That said, I don't believe for a second that there isn't some degree of professional reality show manipulation going on. She has some heavy duty sponsors and is a marketing professional herself.

It makes no sense that her sponsors would blindly fund a venture into that aluminum boat, which to believe the ******, she had no idea was in that bad condition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been following Nike for just about a year on YouTube. You cannot help but cheer for this lady seeing what she has overcome with "Karl". Things that would have crushed many, she battles through. I know I am not the only one who looks forward to every new Ep.
And if it's been reality show "manipulated" as some might suggest, so what, it has still been an entertaining journey for the viewer.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm betting what you see is what it is . . .(I hope anyway) it is cool, fun and inspiring to watch . . . I'm a fan

·
Registered
557 Posts
Watched #43 a couple of days ago. She is one STRONG girl!

Seeing her tackle the problems of upgrading and maintaining that boat is amazing. Not sure I would have tackled a couple of the tasks she did!

I see her and Jeanne Socrates (Home) who we met a few times in Mexico as one heck of an example for us ALL!!!

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts