SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
I just read that at nbcnews.com. Seems more than a little petty... wonder if someone above whoever made that decision will override it in the name of common sense?
"The rule book says never use common sense, just follow the rules, no matter what" Generally speaking, people do what they are told to do. :D

Paul T

Where is Bent?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have come to expect the kind of idiocy shown by our DHS with the relief supplies. DHS/TSA management must have been mentored at the knee of our school administrators and paid especially close attention. Perhaps the border security folks were concerned that a few boxes of Pop Tarts in the shipment could be nibbled into the shape of a GUN.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The larger any organization, be it a gov or business the less common sence there is.

Small example I had a small hvac business, we have a job our crew is 3 people, but we only need 2 for the job. We take 2 imagine that we took what we needed in people instead of the set crew.
Switch that to a large organization. The crew is 3, you take 3, the book says it should take 3 hours take longer you need to explain a book of paperwork needs filled out, you pull the old unit off instead of saving good parts putting them in the truck for another job that might not have the money for new it gets tossed cause that's what the book says and there is no price structure for the used.

Well anyway if you work at the border and the book says the truck can't pass for whatever reason if it were me unless I hated my job noway I would let the truck pass no matter how crappy it might make me feel.

Maybe next week a young married couple comes to the border all upset cause they were mugged and all I'd stolen. They can tell you details ect about where they live ect your 99% sure they are residents BUT are you gonna risk your job and open the gate?

If the rules need changed its the rule makers that need to change those rules not the guys at the border.

Just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts