SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know why its so hard to find a Hunter 35 or Hunter 35.5 from the pre 90's era. I read 700 or so were made but only a handful show up in the US. I'm trying to find comparisons for pricing.

Is it because they are all at the bottom of the ocean or in a junk yard? Or, is it the kind of boat that once owned, nobody sells.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks don. That is the handful I had already found. I guess I expected to see more of them, particularly the 35 which only has two for sale. As a comparison, if I look up Hunter 34, I can find 4 of them just in my local area (Chesapeake Bay)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Being that Hunter sailboats are junk by others standards... most are sunk to the bottom of some ocean, bay, etc. You know the old keel fell off thing or shoddy construction? ;)

Or... the other possibility is that these Hunters are so well loved not many are for sale? Humm....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Or... the other possibility is that these Hunters are so well loved not many are for sale? Humm....
That'd be my guess! :2 boat:

Go to sbo.com, they have a LOT of happy older (boat) Hunter owners there.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That'd be my guess! :2 boat:

Go to sbo.com, they have a LOT of happy older (boat) Hunter owners there.
I'm one happy Hunter owner myself since 1990... ;)

It was meant as a pun since Hunter produced many of these sailboats in many sizes and yet there are but a handful for sale... Why is that? Could it be many are NOT for sale and owners are happy... Yes I know about SBO's and a member there too... Many are very pleased with their Hunters and don't understand much of the negativity towards Hunters. ;)

·
19,489 Posts
I do think by and large the owners of the H35.5 (and relatively few H35) are happy owners. btw the 35.5 was made into the 90s (94?) so if you're searching for pre 90s the number will be much smaller.

Reactions: guitarguy56

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping this was the reaction to the Hunter. It seems like an extremely well purposed boat for the year.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Seem like plenty on the market to me. I am not a fan of the later Hunters, but always thought the ones from the late 70s and into the early 90s were decent, especially the ones designed by John Cherubini.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts