SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So with all the "regulars" I see over in the "big 2" (sailing and maintenance) from the PNW, why is this thread so dead? There are lot's of questions I could ask a local PNW sailor!

Anyway, the Mrs. and I are going on our 4th trip this summer next week... La Conner to Victoriafor 4 days, back into the US via Friday Harbor, back to La Conner and the home to Everett. Hope the weather is nice (no fog) and we get some favorable winds for to do a little sailing. :eek:

Dave
Lives in Stanwood, works in Everett, boat is in Everett.

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
Threads from this subforum don't show up on the homepage, so I rarely see them. I know who the PNW regulars are and try and usually notice their threads when posting to other subforums.

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,686 Posts
Hi Dave,

You might want to scroll through the Chesapeake Bay sub-forum ( Chesapeake Bay - SailNet Community ), which is quite active.

You'll see three stickies at the top. All started somewhat incidentally but have taken on a life of their own. Chesapeake Bay Eats started as a compilation of restaurant reviews of places you could reach from the water but has become more regional. There is an annual thread on where people are going and what they are doing. We have a lot of active SNers who have a rendezvous once each year.

We also have a lot of people "trained" to use the 'New Posts' feature on SN so they will see anything new since they last checked the forum without having to drill into each sub-forum.

To my knowledge no one set out to pump up Chesapeake Bay. It just happened. You can still benefit from what happened and transfer it to the PNW. You have wonderful sailing grounds there and much to talk about.

Is Cucina Cucina still open on Lake Union? *grin*

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Threads from this subforum don't show up on the homepage, so I rarely see them. I know who the PNW regulars are and try and usually notice their threads when posting to other subforums.
I'm good with that approach. I have trouble just getting to this thread. :eek:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Dave

Enjoy Victoria. Have you been to John's Place for breakfast / brunch. :)

I am off to the BVI for a delivery (Leopard 48) to Panama. That may explain my absence.

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,264 Posts
Nikko is hauled out in La Conner for a while. Bottom paint, a buff & wax, maybe a SSB radio installation and a transmission repair. Hope to be back in the water after labor day. The currents you encounter on your way to and from Victoria are huge. We did 10 kts over the ground on a return trip from Victoria to Roche Harbor when we were there last. An expensive place to tie up be we had a lot of fun tied up at the dock in front of the Empress Hotel.

You know, Shelter Bay in La Conner is pretty close to Stanwood and they have very reasonable rates. Come on up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mrs. and I are going ... La Conner to Victoriafor 4 days, back into the US via Friday Harbor, back to La Conner and the home to Everett. Hope the weather is nice (no fog) and we get some favorable winds for to do a little sailing. :eek:
How was the trip? We belong to a little pressure group, trying to push the harbour authority to set up 5-10 mooring buoys with shore access near the new superyacht marina in Victoria Harbour.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How was the trip? We belong to a little pressure group, trying to push the harbour authority to set up 5-10 mooring buoys with shore access near the new superyacht marina in Victoria Harbour.
Hi Foojin,

Trip was GREAT. Our first adventure in fog. Since then we have installed a new broad band radar, in fact going out today to align it and get to know it. Victoria was FANTASTIC. I had never been there before, did the museum, the gardens etc.. Played tourist for 4 days. Will be on our "go to" ;its for the future for sure. First trip this year is to go to Rosario Resort for a week and kick back and do nothing (see how that works). Haven't planned the second trip yet.

Cheers! Dave

·
Registered
547 Posts
Rosario is a lot of fun. I prefer to catch one of their bouys rather than try to fight for dock space and the associated zoo. Take a hike up to and around the lake (you can swim if it's warm), hang out at the pool (s), burgers at the grill, fancier meals at the restaurant, and don't miss the organ recital every night. I think it costs $40/day to use the resort facilities and well worth it.

Next time I'm near Orcas, I plan to anchor up at East Sound. It's a great little town and there's a public dock for your dinghy just a short walk from town.

·
19,485 Posts
Dave

Enjoy Victoria. Have you been to John's Place for breakfast / brunch. :)

I am off to the BVI for a delivery (Leopard 48) to Panama. That may explain my absence.
Looking forward to the report on that, Jack..
Bon Voyage!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Next time I'm near Orcas, I plan to anchor up at East Sound. It's a great little town and there's a public dock for your dinghy just a short walk from town.
The first time we anchored off the town of Eastsound, we had not idea there was a town there. Walked up the road from the dock. Middle of summer. We were amazed by the shops, the bustle, the zillion tourists. Wish I had shaved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts