SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
hello Melody,I might be able to help you out. Verizon has what is called a 4G hotspot this is a unit the size of a credit card and as long as you are within cell phone range you will have a very powerful WiFi unit that you can secure your self or share it with friends it will run up to six computers with excellent power. I have one I carry in my pocket I use it in the car when I'm visiting and mostly on the boat, I am amazed at the distance that this unit works. It cost about $200 but it is only $60 a month once you have it set up you can buy time for it at most any convenience store or you can reload it with your computer if your offshore. I hope you will be satisfied there are others on the market but they do not have the range, Virgin mobile as long as you in their a good-sized city it will work is only $40 a month there will be others out on the market soon....captg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.