SailNet Community banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dog said:
'It depends on how you have the NS2 configured. If you're using it with the SSID ANY and no security, it will attempt to associate itself with any available, open access point"

I have finally been able to spend a day on the boat and can't find any way to specify ANY...it's not in the list of APs the NS2 reports? I didn't think to just type ANY...am I overlooking the obvious?

Thx, Bruce

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Yup....
Dog said:
'It depends on how you have the NS2 configured. If you're using it with the SSID ANY and no security, it will attempt to associate itself with any available, open access point"

I have finally been able to spend a day on the boat and can't find any way to specify ANY...it's not in the list of APs the NS2 reports? I didn't think to just type ANY...am I overlooking the obvious?

Thx, Bruce

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've got a Port Networks MWB-250 wifi unit. It's definitely expensive, but I absolutely love it. We get wifi signals at a great range with the antenna permanently mounted on our spreaders and the software is pretty easy to use. We combine it with a Kyocera KR2 wireless router for the inside of the boat allowing us to 1) Use Verizon Wireless Broadband as a backup connection, and 2) Connect multiple wireless laptops to everything.
I sell, install, and support the MWB-250 as well as Cellular 3G Voice and Internet gear by Ericsson for the sail and motor yacht market. In fact I'm looking at an MWB-250 right now (cover open) because it somehow lost it's receive capability. I'm waiting on Port Networks ok to ship them just the radio module (cross ship, I return the bad one) to fix this unit under warranty.

The unit works very good (normally) in my experience. And we've got many of them installed on yachts of all sizes.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts