SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Wildfires

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  George247 
#1 ·
Hi guys - first posting here, so good to meet you all.

Quick question .... anyone out there have or know anyone who has a Wildfire? This is the 1960's Proctor designed open keelboat rather than the flammable version.

I've managed to get in touch with a few owners over here in the UK - but anyone else out there? This seems to be a pretty international forum. I gather they may have had more success marketing them west of the Atlantic than here, so if you have one - wherever you are, let me know. It'd be good to hear from you.

Many thanks and all the best

Brian

#4 ·
Hi George,

Good to hear from you. Which country are you posting from?

Here in the UK I've managed to track down about a half dozen or so Wildfires. I'm hoping to get a few together in the southeast for a classic dinghy event in the summer. I'm sure there are more out there ....

If you're from foreign parts - then you'll be my first overseas 'hit' - if you're here in Blighty, then hopefully we can get the boats together some time.

Brian

#6 ·
Don't seem to be allowed to do private messages just yet - maybe I'm not old enough or something!!!

We sail on your drinking water at Bough Beech - so just down the road from you. We have two Wildfires there, plus i know of one at Weir Wood.

Why not come down to our classic dinghy open on the 27th of this month. We could have no less than four Wildfires racing together (all pretty low-key stuff you know) - almost enough to call it a national championship!

I'll put a couple of spurious posts on now to get over the five posts limit which will mean we can swap email addresses by PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.