SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry to ask this, but I was wondering if there is anyone out there (at all) who would be willing to donate a working sailboat. It does not have to be the best looking boat, but it would have to make it from FL to NJ. I am low on money, and do not have the means of going back to NJ. Sorry to ask once again, but if anyone has an extra boat sitting on the ground, or no longer need their boat, please let me know.

Please do not post bad comments.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
I can't think of ANY way to get ANY boat from FL to NJ that would be cheaper than taking a bus. Especially if you can take some kind of "chinatown bus" up as far as DC, and then from there I know they run up to NJ often for under $30. Students at colleges and low-wage workers often use them city to city, they don't advertise much but typically are 1/2 the price of Greyhound.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
The Chinatown buses run all the way up to Boston AFAIK... very cheap...

As for getting a boat... even if someone were to donate one that were in the condition to go from FLORIDA TO NEW JERSEY, your costs, like paying the taxes and registration fees on the boat, which would be legally required to make it legal to operate and to own it.....would probably cost more than a Greyhound bus ticket from Florida to NJ. This doesn't even count the marina fees, fuel, food, or other supplies you'd need to get the boat north.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Chinatown buses run all the way up to Boston AFAIK... very cheap...

As for getting a boat... even if someone were to donate one that were in the condition to go from FLORIDA TO NEW JERSEY, your costs, like paying the taxes and registration fees on the boat, which would be legally required to make it legal to operate and to own it.....would probably cost more than a Greyhound bus ticket from Florida to NJ. This doesn't even count the marina fees, fuel, food, or other supplies you'd need to get the boat north.
Yes, I know. I just got a grayhound ticket and just got to FL to take care of some business here. Hopefully I will get something, if not, I will see if I can catch a ride on a boat back. Trust me, sitting on a bus for so many hours gives you blisters on your blisters.

Thank you.

·
TEAM ZISSU
98 Posts
plane tickets are dirt cheap right now I just bought one from MI to ft.lauderdale for 113 cheaptickets dot com

·
Registered
619 Posts
Will someone donate a boat?

Sorry to say but these kind of questions are what is hampering the debate to legalize marijuana..(which I am all for... btw). :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If anyone ordered a spare Xc45 and has no use for it, I'll be happy to have it...Xc50, just as good, no perference for hull color :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts