SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
also you can respring the springs by bending back, that way you can determine if its a grease issue, a spring issue or a worn pawl issue

good luck

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
I didn't have time to find this last night but here is a video I made for my Barient. (i'm guessing its similar to the Lewmar) Skip to about 20:00 to see the ratchet gear getting assembled. I skip through it a little fast but you can see the correct and incorrect way to install it. Go to the very end of the video to see how too much grease affects the pawls.

GREASE ON PAWLS NO
:)

good vid

Reactions: GMFL

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
it could just be that the extra grease and stuff in there before made up enough space for the pawls to work correctly now that you are back to original and correctly lubed it might just be that they are worn enough to slip in certain cases

just throwing it out there

its common for example on old engines for tolerances to be too big once you do the "cleaning" sometimes grudge, buildup and other scenarios work to your advantage

SOMETIMES

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.