SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very important thread... :)
I have the optional shelf/rack located below the above sink cabinet. It is for dishes, cups/glasses and wine glasses. The space for the wine glasses is quite limiting. The maximum height is 6 3/8" and the cut out diameter, which has 3" above and below it, is approximately 2 1/2".
Has anyone found nice glasses that fit this rack? I would prefer the maximum capacity that will work (ha ha ..), as opposed to the tiny little 3 or 4 oz glasses.
I have exhausted the various sources near my home and the online world has come up short (!), too.
As I said, this is a critical issue.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
I've had all kinds of wine glasses on my boat. I don't happen to have the optional shelf that you do. Never being satisfied with the durability or the aesthetics of my glasses I finally broke down and bought some of the starbucks 8 oz tumblers with the removable lid. They have no handle which gives u a bit of a wine glass illussion. However these are the best cups I've found to use for everything on my boat. I think they will fit in your storage space and best of all they have the lids that u can put on the top turning them into a sippy cup for lushes and of course people who drop their red wine on your glass. Best of all these things are durable as can be.
Everyone that tries them loves the feel of them as well.

Sorry probably not the answer your looking for but I've been down that road.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahoy,
Thanks for the responses to date. Here is a photo of the shelf with the wine glass section. As you can see, it is very limited in vertical and diameter space, along with the center horizontal divider segment with the holes/slots ( not the other area to the right for regular glasses ).
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this option. Anyway, I'm still trying, and have ordered some glasses that I found online. If they fit, I'll post the solution.
Room Furniture Ceiling Wood Interior design

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are you sure that this is a wine glass shelf?I would think that any wine glass on that shelf would very likely slide out in any rough seas.Can the slots be closed to secure the stems?Perhaps martini glasses if the slots can be secured.
Most wine glass holders to my knowledge hang the glasses upside down.That is the way my holder works.Beautiful cabinet work though.

Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure that this is a wine glass shelf?I would think that any wine glass on that shelf would very likely slide out in any rough seas.Can the slots be closed to secure the stems?Perhaps martini glasses if the slots can be secured.
Most wine glass holders to my knowledge hang the glasses upside down.That is the way my holder works.Beautiful cabinet work though.

Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139
Hmmm... You make a good point. I just assumed it was for wine glasses. There is no existing way to close the slots, though it shouldn't be too hard to come up with an elegant way to do so.
As I am a wine drinker mostly, I'll just approach it from that perspective until I'm successful, or come to a dead end. Then I'll dust off my martini shaker. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.