SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I took these photos of the St. Lawrence River... this was a Scull rowing event going on in sub freezing temps, there were ice chunks/small ice bergs floating at high currents of the river...

These slips in this marina were filled with boats over the Summer/Fall... but now...

These boats were frozen stuck to the ice...

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts

Well it is winter after all

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Well you are after all about 20 miles south of me

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I would post a picture of our snow here, but it was a brutal 70 degrees today and we didn't have any. :D

Reactions: LesleyS

·
Old soul
5,178 Posts
Can you see the big beautiful Lake just beyond the small tree line? No??

... neither can I :(.

This is what my cruising ground looks like right now. My boat is on the hard and covered in snow. Given how cold this winter has been, I don't expect to splash down until early June.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you see the big beautiful Lake just beyond the small tree line? No??

... neither can I :(.

This is what my cruising ground looks like right now. My boat is on the hard and covered in snow. Given how cold this winter has been, I don't expect to splash down until early June.
I see your dilemma... but cheer up Mike... means you have 4 more months of planning your escape. Soon that snow will be white beach sand, heat so hot and humid you'll scream for some 'white stuff'... :laugher

·
Registered
547 Posts
Winter photos, hmmm. Today was 32C and the forecast is 34, 34, 36 and 37. That's 90F 93, 93, 97 and 99 in your language. I could post some photos, however I do not think you would appreciated them :)

Ilenart

·
Master Mariner
9,225 Posts
It was bitterly cold last night, 74 degrees, and I said to my lady, it felt like it might snow at any moment.

Attachments

Reactions: obelisk

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
BBQ and Boot Hockey on Lake Champlain this past weekend. We don't let a little ice keep us off the water.
Ditto!

This is White Bear Lake, the birthplace of flat-bottomed scow racing. Currently it has about 30" of ice, so naturally we had a festival out there. I built the giant jigsaw puzzles.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not today, but not long ago. We are NOT used to this stuff here in NC!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts