SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm re-wiring my restoration-project Balboa 26 and in several places I need to run wires along bulkheads or on the curvilinear walls of the cabin shell. I'd like to hide them in (what on land is called) a chase - a rigid tube that can be fastened to a wall with adhesives or screws within which the wires can be run. However, the chases I can find are unable to handle the curving wall surface of a cabin. Any advice on sources? Thanks!

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
I'd suggest using PVC Duct instead. It has a removable lid to hide both the wires and the screws and is flexible enough to take a curve... it's easier to install the wiring in also.

This stuff:

EDIT: ..and welcome to Sailnet! :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Look on an online chandlery, like West Marine or Defender. McMaster Carr is also good for that kind of thing and many other.

·
Registered
Oday Mariner
21 Posts
For places with access I like the paduit wireway for neatness. http://www.grainger.com/product/PANDUIT-Wire-Duct-Cover-3EYE1?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/3EXX1_AS01?$smthumb$
For runs behind under deck etc I use non metallic conduit from the electrical supply store. You can get flexible or rigid versions. Most boatbuilders just seem to use PVC pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts